Home » Posts tagged 'Finding the Best Plastic Surgeons In The US'
Tag Archives: Finding the Best Plastic Surgeons In The US
Nowadays, more doctors choose to focus their medical practice on certain surgeries or conditions. One big reason for this is that it decreases their ability for malpractice (lawsuits) while increasing their expertise/experience. In this way, they are more recognized for their area of expertise in their community as well nationwide. Article source!
Board Certification and Cosmetic Surgery
You should understand that no plastic surgeon can master every procedure or condition related to plastic surgeries. The key is to look for plastic surgeons that are well-known and highly regarded in relation to specific surgical procedures, and also have an extensive professional background.
Plastic surgery certification is common, but some surgeons have a specialty in otolaryngology and ophthalmology. They specialize only in reconstructive facial surgery. Such surgical procedures include eyelid surgery, rhinoplasty, facial reconstructive surgery, oculoplasty/ophthalmic, and other facial cosmetic surgical procedures to name a few.
Further, otolaryngologist do not necessarily have expertise in the field of facial cosmetic surgery. Few, in fact. In plastic surgery the board-certified status of three major fields is plastic, hand, or otolaryngology. Although some plastic surgery specialists are quadruple, double and triple board-certified, others have more than one certification.
What You Should Do Before Hiring A Cosmetic Surgeon
1. You should not use the phone directory when selecting a plastic surgeon.
2. Avoid websites which offer ratings for free or that promise to give you comprehensive, free information on doctor qualifications. Expect to see negative ratings on every doctor.
3. Watch out for plastic surgeons with a high advertising budget. Most top-notch plastic surgery practices are very busy and they don’t have to advertise much or try to get more clients.
4. Make sure the doctor is certified by the board in that field.
5. Each plastic surgeon will have a particular area of interest. Find these areas, and ensure they’re the ones you want.
6. Generally, the depth of their professional background report is a good indicator of how much experience the person has.